Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A single step

I have a bracelet. It speaks to my heart. Its not valuable really, to anyone but me. My Mom bought it for me during the wait for Lilly. Inscribed on the bracelet it says: The journey to a thousand miles begins with a single step. I have worn it over the years and clung to the words written on it.





A. Single. Step.

One single step. Where would I have been if I had not taken that one single step. What if I listened to the naysayers. What if I had never pursued adoption? What if I would have given up on Lilly's adoption because of the wait. What if I had never trusted God?

Look what I would have missed!







And this.....






Let go. Walk in faith. Take the first step. You don't have to see the whole picture before stepping out. You only have to trust that it is there.

They called us crazy. They still do. Heck, sometimes I think we are too. It doesn't matter what they say. In the end, it all works out to be beautiful.

Merry Christmas to all my cyber friends! I pray that this next year you take a single step in a journey to find your happiness.






2 comments:

Brian and Christy said...

May God Bless you and your family.... We brought Maddie home from Henan this past August. We are soooo in love with our daughter!!!! And, yes..... we are starting the journey for her sister!! A step of faith.... He will never let you down!!!

Kim said...

Thanks Leslee for your words. I have said almost the very exact thing, as I read it was if you were writing my words. God has blessed us with 2 China blessings one from Jiangsu and one waiting in Shanghai. Thanks for your words. My prayer is that others will take that first step to what God has for them.
Blessings,
Kim
www.brasherchinaadoption.org