Sunday, May 10, 2009

Here she is!




Well I was all nerves this morning. By the time we got to the Civil Affairs office I was about to hurl. : ) The orphanage staff was almost 2 hours late bringing her there, which actually helped calm me down. Then she walked in. I was expecting the worst but I won her over quickly with Smarties. She was hungry. They had her dressed so pretty in the beautiful Chinese outfit. Everything she had on was brand new. She loved playing with all the things we got for her while Matthew and I did paper work. The orphanage staff told us she is advanced for her age (they may tell everyone that : ) and that she is a perfectionist, and she is independant. Who does that sound like? Then when it was time to go...she wasn't so sure. Then we took her to KFC and got our first smile when we gave her French Fries..the way to this girls heart is through her stomach. So far so good...no tears. Right now she is very carefully coloring a page in her coloring book. Thanks for all the prayers! So far so good.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!! I'm so glad that everything is going well. She looks so happy with you!!